Wednesday, February 27, 2013

She's dressed like a grown-up!

Today was "dress up like a career" day, in honor of "Oh the Places you'll go".  I was running behind, so I just grabbed whatever was already ironed and bolted out the door.  


I ended up wearing a pinkish/purplish button up shirt and slacks.  Well, for some reason if you wear a button up shirt, you look a tad more "professional"...or at least that's what the kids think...


Anyways, I was admiring all the career choices in my favorite kindergarten class that morning.  A few doctors, veterinarians, police men, superheroes, and teachers, with extra "bling".   So as I'm pointing out what I see, my lovely little age patrolling friend raises her hand...

A.P: Ms. Sobers, you are dressed like a teacher right?
Me: Yea, I guess, just like any other day
A.P: No, because you are usually a kid, so now you are a teacher right?
She said it with a straight face, so I'm starting to think that she really does think that I'm a teenager who teaches their music class...

And for the record, I do dress like a teacher everyday!