Monday, May 4, 2015

How to get sent home from school...

Last night I took an Advil Cold and Sinus for allergy pain last night before bed. Pain was gone (yay Advil)...but so was my will to sleep (Ugh...sudafed).  
I maybe fell asleep around 3 something...which would be great if it was still the weekend. But it's Monday.

So...I was operating on almost no sleep...which in turn just made me feel icky and grumpy...even with coffee.  Of course, my students picked up on it right away.  
Concerned student: Ms. S, why are you in a bad mood?
Me: I'm not...I'm just tired and I don't feel well.
Concerned student: Why didn't you just stay home?
Me: It's more work to stay home. Then I have to write something for a sub. It was easier to just show up.
Concerned student😞 Oh yeah.
Problem solver extraordinaire: Just tell them you puked. Then they have to let you go home 😁.

Clearly they know all the secrets lol...