Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Ms. S!

Last week was my birthday, and so I went to school completely prepared for the inevitable "How old are you?" questions. 

Naturally, after every "Happy birthday Ms. S!" came "So how old are you?".

My standard response was, "Older than I was yesterday." That only worked sometimes.  
5th grade girl: So Ms. Sobers, you're 19 right? 
Me: No...
5th grade girl: So then how old are you?
Me: Older. 
5th grade: 33? 27? 45? 90? 103?
Me: Yep. 103 you guessed it.
1st grader (passing by): Wait...103??? Aren't you going to be dead soon?
Me: No, because I'm a vampire. I don't age.

I did fess up my true age to one class.  Only because they started that song where they say "Are ya one? Are ya two?...." and I couldn't let them spend all that time singing, because I did need to teach them!