I think we all came back from break nice and refreshed, and of course the kids come back with new hair cuts, and styles. It's never a big deal to the kids if a classmate comes back looking different than when they left for break. But when it's the teachers, it's news worthy...because we are NOT supposed to change. EVER. Lucky me, I came back with "new" hair. Same style, slightly shorter, but different than before we left.
Let's back track...so you get the full picture...
Before break, I got my hair trimmed, and my stylist also straightened it. Since my hair is ridiculously curly, it was a big change and of course...a HUGE deal when I went to work the following Monday.
"OMG Ms. S! What happened to your hair?"
"You look beautiful!"
"WHOA, like the hair"
"Is that a weave?"
"Did you get a perm?"
"You look better with straight hair. It's not that it's bad when its curly, but it's better straight."By far the best reaction came from my favorite little Age patrol (who still thinks I'm a kid).
A.P: Ms. S, did you iron your hair?Well now, it's post Spring Break, and my hair is back to curly. This, surprisingly, was also a big deal
Me: No, I went and got it done.
A.P: Oh, so your mom did it?
Me: No, I went to the salon
A.P (to another kid): Her mom did it.
"Ms. S, WHY YOU CHANGED YOUR HAIR BACK? Mmmmm...it looked better straight. Change it back."
"WHOA, Grown up hair do!"
"Back to curly huh? Yeah, straight is too much work."
"Hey you're curly again!"
"She's back!"
"Awwww man! Why did you change it?"
![]() |
| You had curly hair, then straight, and now you are back to curly? Make up your mind Ms. S! |
Moral of the story...chose a style and stick with it Ms. S. Your indecisiveness is driving the kids nuts!
