This is also one of the most awkward parts, because with comfort comes OVERSHARING. With girls, overshare has to do with telling everyone's business (and then being mad later that everyone knows...).
But with boys, it almost always has to do with bodily functions.
In elementary school, kids giggle about farts and/or are super embarrassed. They always laugh when someone mentions the word "poop", and blush at the thought of people thinking that they poop.
Apparently in 7th and 8th grade, that changes. Teenage boys still laugh, but they relish in freely sharing their fumes and bodily function tales with everyone.
Here are a few disgusting examples from this summer so far...
(during manhunt)Oversharing Boy: Are they coming yet? I really have to poop!"
Me: My mom says it's not healthy to hold it in...maybe you should just go
Oversharing Boy: (pauses contemplatively) Nevermind, it was just gas.
(getting ready for art)
"Ugh...I have to fart. pauses...It smells."
(while repeatedly smelling his own socks)
"MAN! My socks stink! They got wet after pool and mixed with the sweat! OMG! That is disgusting!"
(comes to sit right next to me)
Me: What's wrong?
Prince Charming: Nothing.
Me: So...you just want to sit next me?
Prince Charming: Yep.
5 minutes later...
Prince Charming: Uh oh...I think I have to fart.
Me: Well, can you please take that somewhere else.
Prince Charming: Too late...see you later!
Bystanding girl: (disgusted) DID HE JUST FART AND LEAVE? HE'S SO GROSS!
Boys. They are gross.
