I will say though, this summer was awesome. I'm not sure if it was the kids, or that I was just ready for them this time :-/...but nonetheless, it was pretty epic. And here are some reasons why...
1. Kids who smile all the time are REALLY hard to get upset with. I mean seriously...
2. If you are a cute boy, you can get away with anything. I literally watched the "male model" of the group peg a girl with a water balloon..and she just smiled and giggled. Five minutes earlier, another boy hit that same girl with a balloon. DIFFERENCE? She chased him down like he stole her purse!
3. Secrets at camp are like the common cold. No matter how hard you try to keep it to yourself, you're eventually going to spread it to someone else. My girls couldn't hold water this summer; I knew who liked who, who didn't like who, and a bunch of other stuff that I really didn't want to know!
4. Mean Girls is a cultural phenomenon. And by that I mean, we quoted that movie at least twice a day. Top of the list? "You can't sit with us!" and we did indeed wear pink one Wednesday :)
5. "You are not very kind" was heard all too often in our group.
6. We had several very serious hygiene chats. Best quote from my co-counselor, "We don't want to smell cheesesteaks! Wear deodorant!"
7. We also had to threaten search and seizure on multiple occasions. Between swimsuits and phones, they were always trying to pull one over on us!
Loud girl: I can't swim today, I don't have my suit.
Me: You don't have your suit, or you "don't have your suit"?
Loud Girl: No really, I forgot it.
Me: Do I need to check your bag? Let me see...
Loud Girl: OK OK I have it! I just don't want to swim!8. Key and Peele. Between the substitute teacher, and the players from the east and west...we pretty much always got a laugh in :)
9. "Vine famous" is the new "instagram famous".
10. Want to get teenage boys to dance? Show them an old school Nsync video, and tell them to channel their inner boy band. It also helps to have screaming girls for added emphasis.
All in all, it was a great summer. And now it's time to get ready for my little ones again :)